Note from 2nd year Feedback sessions
The goal here is to get everything I’ve been working on recently out of my studio. I put it all into one room, to get an overview and reflect on the works.
Overwhelmed by ideas/possibilities/inspiration. Which is funny because it’s all nice, but turns into something negative.
Also by what other people seem to want (pulling).
Over the last couple of months I have mostly worked on the following things:
- The song “Rainforest Light”
- Experimenting with creating an automatic music generation system in Max/MSP
- TardiSpaces, a collaboration project with Desta Matla
- GenuineHearts, a blog about living authentically
During my feedback session I did a performance with my automatic music generation system and I sang Rainforest Light.
Writing “My Hunters Lead the Way”
Inspiration: generative music
- From microscope form to 3D object
- Earning money with home studio recording singer songwriters or giving workshops in Max/Ableton
- Teleportation with Google street view in VR: moving from slaughter houses to meat restaurants
During the LIFE/FORMS workshop of Tez, Desta and I created TardiSpaces, a live installation in which micro organisms are musical performers, and together with their microscopic image create an aesthetic experience of tardigrade spaces. Isn’t it fascinating that tardigrades can survive almost everything, including being in space?
This video gives an atmospheric impression of experiments and presentations with this installation.
Inspiration from presentation by TEZ
Art Science is not Art + Science
Children try to make sense of the world around them by PLAYING.
But we tend to loose this.
Options for Feedback Session
- Prerecorded songs + video + designs + how to show poetics
- Performance > just song / automatic
idea: in performance / installation use sentences from blog posts
Inspiration from conversation with Jip’s parents
Deze studie is een groot speelkwartier, dus speel! Experimenteer 🙂
Ruimte innemen voor jezelf, presenteer je muziek niet in een ruimte die het niet waard is.
Random Thoughts during What Matters Romy, Hendrik, Hannes
“We are all afraid, and punish ourselves for it.”
Do more with voice.